Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Getting settled in

Last night was family night with my pack. Mommy, Daddy, Chaser, Jasmine and me gathered in the living room. Jasmine mostly stayed in Mommy's lap. I think I'm too rough for her. Chaser and me are becoming real pals. She lets me eat out of her food bowl and sleep on her bed if I want. We roll around on the floor, play chase and wrestle. Chaser scolded me once by growling and barking a mean bark. I forgot what I did but it wasn't much. She scared me when she growled and I retreated for a few minutes. Then, we were pals again.
Daddy makes me watch him tell Chaser to "sit" and "give paw." After each command, Daddy gives Chaser a puppy cookie which she devours like there is no tomorrow. I'm learning to sit very well but I don't quite get the "give paw" thing yet. But, give me time cause I'm only 9 weeks old.
Another thing I don't get is this house breaking stuff. I'll go when I get outside but I'll also go inside. Anywhere I want.
Daddy goes to bed early but the rest of us stay up for a while. I spent most of the night in a big doggie crate on the screened porch. Mommy put Jasmine in her cage right in front of me to keep me company. I fell asleep okay but when I heard Daddy getting ready for work at 4: 30 a.m., I woke up and started making a major ruckus. I cried, yodled, screamed, squealed and yelped at the top of my lungs. I also jumped around in my crate so as to tip over my bowl of dry puppy food. Mommy woke up and called down to Daddy on the intercom and asked him to let me in with Chaser. That was all I wanted, just some company. Daddy left for work probably wondering what I might get into. I saw him lugging the vaccum cleaner into the parlor. Too bad because that black, plastic cord looked yummy! Oh well, time for a nap.

No comments: