Monday, October 6, 2008

Doin' the Puppy Paddle

Jen, my Daddy's 18 year old daughter and her boyfriend Matt visited over the weekend. I was excited to meet them and I think they loved me at first sight. I was carried, petted, and picked up all day. I sat, gave paw and kisses until I could barely lift my little paw. I lay under the kitchen table, on the cool vinyl floor and listened to my pack talk about how cute, adorable and calm I am. On Sunday, Jen and Matt were still there and Daddy's son Rob and his fiancée Tanya arrived for a visited. We all piled in the truck and went down to the boat ramp so I could go for a swim. Matt carried me into water that was a little bit over my head. Without even thinking about it, I started to paddle really fast with all four of my legs. I was out of the water in no time and headed for the truck. That was enough for me. Out of no where, somebody picked me up. I think it was Daddy who handed me back to Matt. Back out in the water I went. I paddled back to the boat ramp. This went on for about 20 minutes. Matt also held me up in the water and let me paddle in place. That was fun.
After everybody went home, I was exhausted and snoozed for a while on the kitchen floor. Sunday night, Mommy left me and Chaser in the kitchen. Daddy was very pleased when he woke up for work early Monday morning. There was not one spot of pee or poop in the kitchen. But, after Daddy went to work, I was wide awake and got bored. By the time Mommy woke up and came down stairs, I had pulled stuff off the kitchen table and chewed it, peed and pooped several times (Mommy told Daddy 5 times but I don't recall all of that)...Daddy is going to bring home more toys. I need to occupy my high intellect with something that either squeaks or chews well. Talk to you later. Love, Holly

No comments: